Saturday, June 02, 2007

Santorini

So right now I am sitting in an Internet Cafe during my siesta on the Greek Island of Santorini, today has consisted of sleeping in, getting up to watch the All Blacks smoke France, go for a swim then hit the bakery. This afternoon will be Americas Cup then some drinks on the beach.

We have been here 4 days, give or take, I have lost track. Spend all day chillin in the sun, being tourists and exploring... and all night pretty much just partying. Its hard being me, but I think we deserve it after the last month of 'work'.

Santorini reeks of quintessentialism. Everywhere you look is pretty much post card perfect, so if you have seen a post card of this place there is no real reason to come. My only complaint is that the sand on the beach is a little to hot sometimes... but I guess I can get over that.

We did a day tour yesterday on a boat with a few people we met at the hostel. It was super touristy and it was weird being herded to each different site: A quintessential volcano, some quintessential hot springs, some quintessential villages, then a quintessential sunset.


Here we are enjoying some quintessential gyros and some quintessential beers.

And last, but by all means not the least, a very very quintessential greek island sunset. Can you smell the quintessentialism wofting from the screen? Boy, I think I need some new words to describe this, but I am not a word smith.

Tomorrow we are sneaking over to Ios for a sneaky peak, rumours are that it is a "party island", what that means I am really not sure, but I hope to find out.

Have a great week people and enjoy watching Team New Zealand smoke Luna Rossa.

1 comment:

  1. ...i think that your RANDOMNESS officially surpasses mine now....you offically carry the torch, keep it burning...and pass it on!...hehe

    ReplyDelete