Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cairo - Part II

I hope you don't get too use to these daily posts, I just stumbled across an insanely cheap Internet cafe and needed to upload and email some photos to a dude I just met on the street. I broke all the rules and hung out with some boys I met on the street. They took me back to their part of town which was super awesome, real old school. There house was 200 years old and the place was busy as, so many people (I was still the tallest and by far the whitest). Had fun hanging with them talking sports and NZ, they offered me a cup of tea... which I took, probably shouldn't have but it was the best cup of tea ever! Real good. Then caught a bus back to my part of town, had to jump on and off as it was moving. Man I love Cairo.
A random street.



The same random street. It is really hard to capture the shear massive-ness and busyness it a photo. And I don't have my camera out very often as its feels rude, draws a lot of attention and I look like a knob.
This is me and the boys outside their house. They were cool, they guy on the end was working on fixing some welding equipment beside us, and through a translator was asking about how to export to New Zealand... it was interesting.
Well, back to it for me, I think I have a dinner date with some Sudanese guys tonight, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work boss. At this rate I'll have had a trip round the world just by reading your blog. Its fantastic!!!!
    I look forward to the rest of the/your awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man looks like fun, yeah not so sure about running round back alleys eh... even if I was massive! ps cornucopia is a go, the lawyers are working on the sub-lease papers and the opening is set for May Day (will get photos on the web for you etc) but thats enough about me: your blog is sweet man- and to think you've made 3 posts since i [me again] last checked... it was hard to know what to read first! decided that while they are all good; your blogs with photos are a++

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that massivness is internationally recognised! Dont worry tony nobody will try and scam someone as massive and charming as you. Sounds like your having a blast, keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I love it ! Keep up the good work, and the good posts. We need more..

    Can you bring me back a piece of the sphinx or.. is that not kosher anymore?

    ReplyDelete