Monday, February 12, 2007

Tony Hawk?

For your amusement I have dug up an email I received in August 2004. As you know my name is Tony Hawke, further to that I am sure you are aware that I really can't skate. Someone forgot to tell South America.... Here is an exact copy of an email I received. I have also received an email requesting I open a new Skate Park in Rio de Janeiro (or was in Sao Paulo?), but I have misplaced that one. Enjoy.


From: Lorena Lopez
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 4:53 AM
Subject: BBC´s radio station Ecuador seeks interview!!

Hello Tony,

My name is Lorena López and Iam Producer of Radio City, the radio station associated with the BBC of London and the biggest newspaper in the country "El Universo" in Ecuador - Latinamerica.

Here we have a program based on high profile interviews about art, culture, entertainment, music, sports, life styles and more with information and interviews from around the world.

Here in our country as all over around the world many people follow your career and really admire your work. That is why we would like to request a 5 minutes phone conversation with you, where you could talk about your accomplishments, the skate world and send a salute to your ecuadorian fans.

We only request 5 minutes of your time and we could call to any phone number you would give us, at any day or time to any part of the world according to your comfortness.

It would be an honour for us and a fulfilling dream for all the ecuadorians to have the opportunity to hear you talking and saluting them.

Please let us know your response as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Kind regards,

LORENA LÓPEZ
Producer
RADIO CITY (BBC - El Universo)
Ecuador

(5934) 2 490 xxx ext. 5xx


The funniest part is that they had to navigate through my old high school website to get my email address to send this too. I love the randomness.

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious... I can't believe your crappy site has had 20000 hits- I still maintain that Greg's Online World was far superior.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crappy! Let the numbers speak for themselves Greg. Greg's Online World was merely a dumping ground for the most annoying javascipt hacks you could find on the web, where as my site had style! and annoying javascript hacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this post a bit like Napoleon Dynamite; a bit hard to get, but then you realsise that its just soo funny. re read and enjoy.
    To help the unconviced here are the first five faviorte ways of reading this post:
    5. read with accent
    4. realise that they had seen tonys website (where he says I am not a skater)
    3. google the reporters name- who else have they interviewed G W the sweedish mountianeer( so why did you go to Iraq mr Burshe?)
    2. stop and think what would tony look like on a skate board
    1. read the comments and make your own

    ReplyDelete