Sunday, May 13, 2007

Crete: Kato Zakros -> Iraklio

I thought I would be away from computers for a good five weeks but alas I have again been drawn back to the screen. Which is a good thing as I am now able to tell you about our adventures in Crete!

Crete is fantastic. Its hot, rocky, mountainous, tasty and long. I love it. The ferry ride over was fun (aside from the disco/bar that refused to play music..). We started in Kato Zakros right on the eastern end of the island and have been walking about 7ish hours a day, usually starting at 7ish, then having a midday siesta then walking in the evening. The views are very cool, lots of mountains and rocks and islands. The food is awesome, I love olive oil... on everything... in large doses. The small villages scattered every, perched on every hill are just as you expect. White houses with narrow alleys. We haven't really been roughing it, been sleeping in hotels, cafe steps and olive groves. Only downer is I have pretty sore feet, blister central!

Me and a view. Just before we got lost... good lost though, exploring adventurous lost.

Looking down into the Lasithi Plateau. Very flat.

One of the many excellent vistas. So pretty, so romantic. An excellent place to spend quality time with Rox and Cam. I love those guys... so far.

This is an orange and an olive grove. Two very important things. In case you were wondering, the orange was very tasty and the olive grove was shady and comfy.

My undies in an olive grove. Look mum, I am doing my own washing!

Am currently in Ireklio, the biggest city in Crete. Chillin out for a few days, then off to the mountains. Rox pulled the Red Card last night which made for interesting times with a few Englishmen...

I hope life in all your worlds is good. For more information and contradicting accounts see here.

Love from Tony, Cam and Rox.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!!!
    welcome to my blog!!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He lives- or at lest he's posted. Nice to hear its going good man, blistars not withstanding. things down under are ticking along- though not the same without yellow rocket visits, I would miss them if there wasn't so much to do... makes me jealous of long siesta's in the shade of olive trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh Tony!
    good to see you guys are enjoying yourselves over there, I'll catch you guys in the UK in a few months.

    ReplyDelete