Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Luxor

After jumping off the felluca we made out way to Luxor. On the way we stopped in Edfu and got some real good food and a sneaky shisha (one the smoothest best ones I have had, its funny, I now know the difference between good a bad shisha.... I love Egypt).

Got to Luxor, chilled put then up at 6am the next day to ride donkeys to the valley of the kings. Yeah, donkeys! My feet dragged along the ground and many school girls laughed at me a whole lot, but I mostly just felt sorry for the donkey... sure beats walking though. Went into some tombs, saw a temple, trekked around the mountains for bit.
The Valley of the Kings. Heaps of tombs and old Egyptian holes with dead kings in them.


Some temple. Perhaps.... ChehatsupÉ A queen who started trade with somalia... bet you didnèt know that.
The view from a top the Valley. The contrast betweent the irrigated Nile bits (3% of the country) and the desert (97%) is nuts. I havenèt seen proper green fro ages.

Temples and Kings and Donkeys are all real cool, but the thing I love is all the police with big guns, the check points ever few kilometres and the general police state feel. So I was stoked when I got this pic after some sneaky bashesh...
Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr Hawke,
    Hope you're having a wicked time. I'm sitting in front of my computer at work doing what you used to do at work (surfing) while you're probably making sandcastles in the desert.
    Keep it real.
    Pipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get back to work Hayden. You slacker!

    ReplyDelete