Monday, January 15, 2007

So it begins

I have decided to publish my thoughts and travels for all the world to see, and this is the result. I will take this opportunity to first explain the title for this 'blog'. "In the Middle" is the title for one of my favourite Paul Colman songs. It is a song about being stuck in the middle, between two opposing views of the world, and the struggle that can be. The chorus says it all really:
Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle
I'm not good enough for you
Not dirty enough for some
Sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle
Not safe enough for you
Not crazy enough for some
I guess I can relate to that. Its a very subtle struggle that is played out in all aspects of life, from the most significant ethical decisions through to the seemingly small things which ultimately shape our character.

So there you go, there is a small glimpse into what you may expect here. But don't fret, this will mostly be stories from my travels through the Middle East, Crete and beyond. But I am sure I will find it hard to resist using this medium to express my many random and often contradictory thoughts and ideas.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to sharing with you.

Keep it real!

9 comments:

  1. Sheer Brillance!@ [woah you're AMAZING!]...look forward to hearing more.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... tonyhawke.blogspot.com is my new favourite website!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now remember; Having a blog dosn't let you away with not sending a postcard but I guess we will have to let you off e-mailing as often while your away. But lets just say its looking good so far. I will be checking back sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement! And Hugh, what's a post card? can I send one of them via the internet...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Just remember there is NO REPLACEMENT for SNAIL MAIL boys!.....
    [Bring on the adventures that 007 bring!]

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tony, nice blog...looks promising. you are busy at work so i cant chat to you while im at work. oh well...ive run out of work again but i suppose i could start doing my boss' work for him until he gets back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also like pies.....
    mmm....
    pies..... mmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a most excellent and well thought out blog, which isn't surpraising considering it's yours. I look forward to hearing more and more about your life long adventures.

    ReplyDelete